I wish I could slow down time. I can't believe we are already planning your first birthday! I look at pictures from your first few weeks at home and it's incredible to see how much you've grown.
Sweet M - you have found your voice. Your are the sweetest baby with fire in your belly, love to feed yourself, and walk everywhere with our help. You love being held, enjoy an early bedtime, just transitioned to formula, are working on 5 incoming teeth, had your first dip in a pool, love baby shark and clapping your hands, and bring so much joy to our family. We love you!!
Here are a few things I want to remember:
1. You've had a couple major growth spurts lately. Around 10.5 months you were up at all hours hungry and eating everything you could get your hands on. Meanwhile, you were also teething, so needless to say, mom and dad were tired!
2. Speaking of teething, you are currently working on 5 teeth all at once. 4 on top and one more coming in on the bottom. I have to say, I would much rather go through a few rough weeks of teething if it means you're done at the end of it. Hang in there baby girl!
3. You are officially formula fed. I made it 10.5 months this time around - my goal was a year but it just didn't happen. You're getting used to the formula and just like when you had to learn the bottle - it took you a few days but you've adjusted and are now doing great! You also LOVE to feed yourself. No baby food for you - you want to feed yourself with your own hands. You do a great job with all the food options at school. Sweet potato is currently your favorite!
4. Music. You light up when we sing "Baby Shark", "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "If You're Happy and You Know It" You especially love to clap your hands when we sing that one. You love to clap your hands in general - it's so fun to see how excited you get.
5. You are mobile! While you're not "crawling", you have the most adorable little scoot. You can get from point A to point B and when determined, you can go far. You're getting good at pulling yourself up to standing. You LOVE to walk when we hold your hands. Whenever you start walking on your own, I know there will be no stopping you.
6. First sibling squabbles. Because you are now mobile, you have the ability to get into all of your brother's things. He's not the biggest fan of this and we hear a lot of "NO SISTER".
7. Water Play. At the beginning of summer, we picked you up from school and you're teachers said, "She does not like water play." We've been working on it. This past weekend we went to the pool and I took you to the 0 depth area. You clung to me at the beginning but after awhile, you started splashing and finally I had to pull you back from trying to crawl into the deeper area.
8. FOMO. You have a little fear of missing out right now (which is TOTALLY normal). You can not stand being put down if we walk away, or even if we are right next to you. I love holding you so it's not usually a problem, however it can be hard to get ready in the morning or dinner on the table at night. I don't care. I'm going to snuggle you as much as possible :)
9. Sleep. You're inconsistent when it comes to naps. You haven't done a morning nap in a long time. On a good day, you'll sleep for a few hours at school. You've gotten really good at bedtime. Since we've moved to formula, it's great being able to read a book, do a bottle, sing a song and you go down. You're still getting up once a night - but I'm hoping we can get that down to 0 sometime soon.
Keep growing baby girl. We love you to the moon!