October 1 is here and the weather is finally starting to feel like Fall. Last night we had chili for dinner and it just started feeling like the cold months are upon us. Before it gets too snowy and cold - I made my Fall to-do wish list. What's on your list?
1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch - we have quite a few pumpkin patch visits on the calendar this year. We already did our annual Center Grove Orchard trip. It was cold but fun. Teddy ran around and had the time of his life. We have a few more pumpkin patches with friends and school coming up. It should be fun!
2. Take family photos. We can check this off the list. We just took these last week and we got a few preview photos back. I am absolutely in love them! I can't wait to get the full album. If you're in the Des Moines area and in need of a family photographer, I highly recommend April and August Photography. Mandy is so personable and her work is beautiful!
3. Make slow cooker soup recipes (I already made this one!) I go back to work in two weeks and I know I will be in need of easy dinner recipes for during the week. If you have any recommendations on good slow cooker soup recipes, please comment below with the link! (or any easy kid-friendly recipes for that matter!)
4. Downtown Farmer's Market. We only have a few more weeks of the Des Moines Downtown Farmer's Market! I hope we can fit a few more trips in to enjoy our favorite burritos (hands down - the best!!), train rides and chocolate crinkle cookies.
5. Make a Marshall Pumpkin. I got the cutest decorating kit from Target to make a Marshall pumpkin from Paw Patrol. I'm not very creative with pumpkin carving and Teddy is still a little too young to handle knives so I thought this was the perfect compromise.
6. Trick-or-Treat with the Kiddos. We had so much fun trick-or-treating last year in our neighborhood. Teddy wants to be Lightening McQueen again this year which is fine by me. Let's make it easy on all of us :) I'm not quite sure what M will be - maybe a unicorn... We had a lot of fun last year trick or treating at the Zoo - I think we'll try to make that again this year. Living History Farms is having a Disney Princess Night... we might have to make an appearance... for M of course...
7. Watch Hocus Pocus. Duh.
9. Family Walk through Changing Leaves - I don't want to miss the leaves this year. There is always one perfect weekend where you can see the beautiful leaves change and I want to make sure we get out for a nice family walk when it happens.
10. Get ahead with Holiday Gift Giving. I always have the best intentions in October. I start thinking of special gifts for everyone one my list... then time goes by and all of a sudden it's a week before Christmas and I haven't done anything. I'm really going to make a concerted effort to think ahead this year so I can actually enjoy the holiday season.
11. Be Thankful. We are so incredibly blessed and I want to make sure I continue to remember how thankful I am for this beautiful life I have.