WHAT?! How are you three month’s already!??! These13 weeks have flown by in the best possible way. I have absolutely LOVED every, single second with you. I started work this past week. And while I know it’s going to be hard to leave you everyday, I feel so blessed to have spent 12 weeks with you at home.
You are growing everyday. Here are some highlights from the last month.
1. Growing like a little weed. We just switched you to size 2 diapers. You’ve finally caught up in your size of clothing. You’ve been wearing three month clothes since you were a month and a half – now you’re officially three months in three month clothing.
2. First Laugh. You’ve had a couple of laughs and each time you were scared with the noise that came out. I can’t wait for them to last longer and become more consistent.
3. Sweet Talker. You are quite a talker. You’ve had some conversations with us back and forth. You’re especially talkative in the morning time and sometimes late and night. We love hearing the noises you make.
4. Ladies man. You’ve met some pretty sweet ladies this past month. Your cousin Sloan had such a blast meeting you – loving you big time and had plenty of kisses to share. Next, you met Eva and Harper. Both approved for future dating by your mother. I guess I shouldn’t get too ahead of myself – I’m just glad you’re making new friends.
5. So many smiles. I can’t even. Your smiles might just be the best part of my day. They warm me from the inside out and I know they are just going to get better!
6. #TesarPartyof3. You continue to be our favorite person. We love spending time with you – going on walks and out to dinner. You can entertain us all day long – seriously, how do we get anything done? Everyday I’m thankful for our little family of three. We say all the time we can’t remember a time where you don’t exist.
7. Back to work. Like I said, I went back to work in a new position at UnityPoint Health Foundation. I know I’m going to love my new job and have been lucky being able to ease my way back into being away from you every day. I’m assured smiles from you and snuggles after work will make it all ok. Now – dropping you off at daycare for the first time later this month – that’s a different story.
8. Sleeping babe… You’re getting the hang of this sleep thing. You still get up once a night between 3:30 – 4:30 but I have the confidence that you’ll start sleeping through the night any day… right?
9. On the move. You are a wiggler. You love to stretch and move your hands and legs. You’re even starting to turn over a little. I have no doubt you’ll be a runner just like daddy.
10. Strong core. You are so great at sitting and holding your head up with the help of dad’s support. You kick tummy-time’s a** and have especially gotten good when we put the boppy pillow under your chest.
11. It’s all about the hands. You are doing a great job of using your hands. We’ve noticed you studying them intensely, figuring out what they do. You love holding things, whether it’s your pacifier, a finger or your favorite toy. You also love putting your hands in your mouth!
12. Strong grip. You’re favorite toy at the moment continues to be this rattle from Grandma and Grandpa G. It lights up, is the perfect size for your small hands and you love to shake and make noise. You even fall asleep holding it close.
You just get more fun with age. We can’t wait to see what happens over the next month. Keep smiling. Keep growing. We love you!