Happy Friday! I don’t know about you but I am looking forward to the weekend. The weather will be in the 60’s and I am going to try and make the most of it by getting outside.
Enjoy your weekend! Here’s this week’s Top 5.
1. Carpool Karaoke. Seriously one of my favorite things to watch on youtube. I love James Corden and his fun videos with musicians. Adele. Jennifer. Sia. even Justin. I wish I could be a fly in the backseat.
2. Beyonce. May 23rd. Minneapolis. This is where I will be. !!!!! Who is on your Top 5 concert wish-list? Mine would have to include Beyonce (!!!), Celine Dion, Coldplay, James Morrison and JT. Runner Up: NEEDTOBREATHE.
3. Black and White. Love the wall art in this office.
4. New Mom Advice. Be kind and you DO you. Before I became a mom, I was totally that person in the grocery store that stared at the crying baby – annoyed by the tantrum taking place. And I was famous for thinking, “my child will NEVER do that…” I wish I would have known then, what I know now. And that is that… sometimes babies cry on airplanes, or laugh really loud in church, or scream squeals of delight while out for dinner. And as their parent – you love them anyway – in fact you’ll probably laugh at them and think they are the cutest thing that ever walked the planet.
As a parent you’ll work your butt off 24 hours a day, every. single. day to make sure your baby is happy. healthy. eating nutritious foods. learning. growing. laughing. Making sure they feel loved. You’ll live on less sleep than you ever thought possible, you’ll stress over stuff that hasn’t even happened yet. You’ll count the end of each day a success as you hold your sleeping baby in your arms. Because you made it through another day. You did it!
And after all that – you know what you don’t have time for? Judging other moms on whether they breastfeed their kid or make their own baby food. Whether they stay at home or work. You won’t care if the TV is left on, if i-pads are allowed, where they buy their clothes or if their house is a disaster. Store bought vs. homemade – who gives a flying weenie?
As women, let’s support other women. We’re all moms – trying our best to raise amazing, little humans. So for all the mother’s out there – You’re doing a great job. Keep up the amazing work. #EndMommyWars
5. A Good Reminder. No matter where you are or what you’re doing.