Mother’s day is right around the corner. I’m sure you can agree with me, when you consider yourself blessed to have the most amazing mother! I know I count my lucky stars every day to have mine. (And now I’m even more blessed because I have two incredible mother-in-laws!)
I’m always trying to come up with something special for mother’s day, and some years are better than others. As I’ve grown older, I think one of the best things I can give my mom is quality time. Here are a couple of ideas I came up with for Mother’s Day. What about you? What are you getting the mom(s) in your life this year for Mother’s Day?
1. Print your favorite photos using Social Print Studio. They print your favorite instagram and regular photos on really nice card stock. I don’t know about you but my mom is always harassing asking nicely for recent photos of Tim and me. I’m the worst at getting them to her so this is a great alternative. I’ve used Printstagram several times and they have always done a great job!
2. A Mixed Tape. I know this seems kind of old school, but I always think it’s fun to receive music from others. Making a special playlist for Mother’s Day is both affordable and thoughtful.
3. Picked Flowers. Who doesn’t love flowers? For Mother’s Day, I would go with a wildflower arrangement and to make them extra beautiful, I’d package them in a mason jar.
4. Quality Time. Once you graduate college and move away from home, quality time with your parents can be very hard to find, making it a precious commodity. Setting aside a special day where it’s just you and mom can be one of the best gifts you can give not only to her but also yourself.
My Ideal Mother/Daughter Day:
Grab brunch/lunch with close mother/daughter duo
A Little Retail Therapy
See the Latest Chick Flick
Mani / Pedi
Cocktails | Dinner
Home for Sleepless In Seattle and While You Were Sleeping (with homemade popcorn of course!)
5. A little pampering. You can never go wrong with a gift card for a little R&R. Treat your mom to a little mani-pedi or massage at her favorite spa. She’ll love it!
What are you doing for your mom this year?