- Apr 24, 2011
- 1 min read
A Birthday Weekend in Chicago
Wow, am I behind on blogging about my travel adventures. Well, today is the day to get caught up! I’ve got some pretzel chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven, and I’m ready to go!
Let’s start off with my 26th birthday – which was the BEST! Thanks in part to my amazing husband. So many great things happened, it left me feeling very, very blessed. I have some amazing family and friends.
Here is my top 10 favorite things that happened on my 26th birthday.
1. Best Friends in Town – Mal and Nick made the long trek to Valpo to help me celebrate.
2. Flowers. Steph and Charlie sent me a beautiful bouquet of tulips (my favorite) to work. What a wonderful surprise to have! Then I got home and Tim bought me these beautiful pink roses.
3. St. Patty’s Day in Chicago. We headed to the big city to spend the day with friends celebrating this fun holiday. Tracey had a fun little party at her apartment. We started the morning with mimosas.
4. Green Beer, and fun games.
5. Pizza with green macaroni. You would think this would be gross, but it was actually fantastic.
6. Girl talk and friendships reunited.
7. A fun dinner out on the town.
8. Chicago Architecture. Sunday was a quiet day in Chicago and the streets were bare. It was the perfect opportunity to walk around and take in the sights.
9. The Green River. We had so much fun taking pictures next to the bright green river.
10. Did I mention quality girl time?